Imperfection in North London

Jimmie Karlsson's home
Today I have been working on a previous bedroom.... I steamed of some old wallpaper and tomorrow I will take out the old floorboards. Then next week I hope to get a plan from a friend of mine. She is an architect and is making me a 3D simulations of how it would look if I knock out the wall between this room and the kitchen. Just for fun because we're friends ;) I have no idea what to expect but of course also in this kitchen to be I want to expose some concrete or some other raw and unfinished item. Because that is just me and how I love to live in my house!

I haven't decided yet if it will be the wall or rather the floor. But some ideas are spinning around in my head and one of those is maybe using boards... I know these pictures, photographer Birgitta Wolfgang Drejer made in Jimmie Karlssons house in London have been showed on many blogs already but I still think I should show them because they fit my ideas of decorating so well.

Jimmie Karlsson's home
Jimmie Karlsson's home

Although I always thought the boards in Jimmie home were painted with blackboard and written on. They are made with graffiti-inspired wallpaper  from Jimmie Martin & McCoy. I just love the imperfection theme!


{More boards}

 Although I love the graffiti boards more this is a nice option too.  (House Doctor)

And for a totally different effect I could always use my Piet Hein Eek wallpaper.
Picture and wallpaper by Bodie and Fou*

Sorry vandaag even geen Nederlands.. maar ik ben wel  benieuwd hoeveel mensen die Nederlandse vertaling nou echt missen... dus laat het weten!

0 comments:

Post a Comment